7 of the simplest and best tools you should be using
Now that you’ve understood the basics of SEO a little, you’ll learn how search works. The ranking of the sites is done by the crawlers of the search engine system.
It is important to say that some evaluation criteria may change depending on the search engine used. Some pages may appear first on Google and third on Bing, for example.
This is because the crawlers of each search engine work a little differently. Imagine that the crawlers are little robots that read the sites and organize the links on the page. When we do an internet search, these robots take us to the sites. It is not overnight that a person will understand everything about SEO. To understand everything about SEO, you need hours of study and a lot of research and always keep up to date with everything new that appears. Some people hire website optimization professionals but there is no need to spend money to have a correct and well ranked website.
The good news is you don’t have to become an expert to put SEO for beginners into practice.
To help you a little more to start thinking about SEO here are some SEO tools (note that it is not everything, we are here just showing some tools that are important, we can talk about several other SEO tools in another post or how can use those tools) that are important for your website’s ranking.
Ahrefs is a software company that develops online SEO tools and free educational materials for marketing professionals. Ahrefs contains tools for link building, keyword research, competitor analysis, rank tracking and site audits.
Google Search Console
Search Console is a free tool from Google that helps developers, website owners, and SEO professionals understand how their site is performing on Google Search.
This tool is very useful for searching for keywords, showing how many times a word was searched. Other data that the tool offers is to know where in the world the word was searched. It also shows which words are being searched for at that moment. A free-to-use feature within Google Ads, its tools for generating keyword ideas and bid estimations can help you plan your marketing strategy.
This tool is widely used for those who want to know more about the site itself or about the competition. To do this, just insert the link and the tool will present a series of data that can boost your SEO efforts. SEMRUSH is a pay tool and provides several extremely relevant data and is considered to be one of the best tools for SEO analysis.
A very good tool for keyword research, the idea of this tool is to facilitate the process of searching for the right word. In addition, Keys4UP is very easy to use and is a great option to impact your audience in the right way.
SEOQuake is an extension for browsers and can be downloaded in your favourite browser. Its main functions are:
✔ Compare URL.
✔ Analyze links from any website.
✔ Export data.
Moz is one of the world’s leading experts in SEO and Inbound Marketing. As such, basic and advanced tools that provide relevant information about the performance of a website with the main search engines. The complete SEO toolbar for search on the go. MozBar offers instant metrics while viewing any page or SERP.
Main features of Moz:
- Keyword Explorer: identify the most relevant keywords for the segment in which it operates, filtering and prioritizing the terms according to their importance.
- Open Site Explorer: Tool that classifies and evaluates sites with an algorithm that simulates the Google search engine.
- Fresh Web Explorer: Shows in real time the keyword searched and the sites where it was mentioned.
- On-page Grader: Tool to individually optimize the different pages of a website, improving its ranking and attracting more organic traffic.
- Domain Authority: Tool to identify the relevance of a particular website on the internet.
- Page Authority: Tool that focuses on the relevance of specific pages within that same site.
- Moz Rank: Tool that shows the importance of each page on the internet, represented by the link popularity index.
- Moz Trust: Tool that shows the relevance of a page on the internet. However, instead of measuring the popularity of the links it is based on the reliability of each mention.
- MozBar: Tool that is a free extension available for the Google Chrome browser. The objective is to assist in the analysis of metrics and data related to SEO in general.
Now that you have read this text to the end, consider yourself a step ahead of the majority.
In my next article about SEO we will see what are the techniques that should NOT be done on your website / blog so they will not lose its standing and will continue being well positioned in searches.
We’ll see you there! And let us know if you would like more information about a specific SEO tool !!
Wrote by Ana Carla Soane